About MichelleMichelle Brown is an author, activist & public speaker who believes in common ground for all people.
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Discriminating against gays is against everything the Boy Scouts claim they hold dear and the character they... http://t.co/bIlCUCrYXs 18 hours ago
- We just keep shining brighter. Another star in the NBJC constellation. Watch out for MORE great things to come!!!! http://t.co/QMpqvJ5tJ2 19 hours ago
- Great info for friends, family and yourself if applicable. http://t.co/7TmK8WOhMX 2 days ago
- Click here to support The Jay Kaplan Wellness Fund by Jared Volz http://t.co/RnGCobACuh 3 days ago
- Check it out! I donated to The Jay Kaplan Wellness Fund http://t.co/9RpYQzT5b2 3 days ago
Tag Archives: holidays
3 Layers and a Brassiere
By Michelle e. Brown
I’m not worried about the cold
The frigid wind from the north
Signaling the end of autumn.
I’m not worried about the change of season
Snow covering the remnants of pollenthat made me sneeze
I’ve got three layers and a brassiere
To keep me warm.
The winter winds signal the change
Herald the beginning
A change of season
A wave of emotions.
Gatherings of days gone by
Joy tinged with melancholy
Families spread out
Ancestral hearths abandoned
I’m not worried about winter’s chill
I have three layers and a brassiere
To keep my body warm
But my hearth
(Big thanks to Gwen Rapoport for the inspiration)